Where it all started for me

• administrators

ZXSpectrum.jpg

Christmas 1983 I received my very first computer, a Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48k. It was a present that instantly got me hooked on computers and kickstarted my career.

I've still got that original Spectrum in my collection along with a later ZX Spectrum + and a ZX Spectrum +2 (Black model). The photo below shows the setup in my office.

IMG_0003.JPG

I love playing original games from the 80s and 90s on the Spectrum and it always amazes me just how much programmers of the day could fit into 48k of memory and just how much they could get a 3.5Mhz Z80 processor to do.

Recently I've dived back into Z80 Assembly programming. I never did a huge amount back in the 80s but I wanted to see how I would get on with more experience under my belt and also because I want to use it as a teaching aid for my two sons.

I'll be using this corner of the forum to post about my adventures with Z80 and the Spectrum in general so as to scratch my nostalgic itch :)

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.